How to Make a Statement with Artwork
An art piece that entices you to come closer for a second look is a great choice for a statement artwork. It’s common to use your largest artwork as the focal point in a space. But making a statement can be more than a focal point. It can set the whole mood of the room.
What Type of Art Works Well as Statement Art?
Choose a stunning art piece as the star of the show to elevate your “basics” in the room from the mundane. Art is like the jewelry that transforms your little black dress into a stylish outfit.
Art with high contrast hues, bold paint strokes, or interesting textures can be great choices for statement art. The new Bird and Feather Flora paintings use sculptural textures, ornate patterns, and metallic accents to capture attention with the unexpected.
Where to Hang Statement Art?
- Add a statement artwork to your entryway for a WOW impression when you welcome visitors into your home.
- Hang a statement piece above your main furniture (bed, sofa, dining table) as a focal point.
- Use statement art at the end of a long hallway to create anticipation as you walk closer and the details are revealed.
- Use statement art to create a cozy feeling in a room with high ceilings. Statement art brings focus back down to eye level.
- Hang your favorite piece opposite your bed instead of above the headboard. Let art be the first thing you see when you wake up.