Colors in Collection
- Navy blue
- Sky blue
Sew a Parade Blanket
The patchwork is done for you with this digital quilt block. You can easily sew a parade blanket by attaching the front design to the back basketweave fabric. See step by step instructions on how to sew a blanket.
Front Quilt Block
This is a cheater quilt that lets you skip all the cutting and piecework and go straight to sewing the blanket. Each patch on this block has a matching coordinate in Amborela’s patriotic collection so you can mix and match your project.
Don’t Sew? Order on a throw blanket at Spoonflower.
Don’t forget to order a coordinate fabric for the back of your blanket.
This basketweave fabric with red, white, and blue colorblock makes a great back. But any of the coordinates used in the front patchwork will also work well for a back.
DIY Patriotic Bunting
These instructions are for a beginner sewing project or even a no sew project with limited tools. If you have a serger or rotary cutter, you can easily imagine more efficient ways to fray check and cut out your pieces.
- Cut along horizontal lines first, then cut out triangles.
- Pin triangles evenly spaced across a ribbon.
- Stitch along ribbon to attach your flags.
- Fray check edges of fabric.
- Cut along diagonal lines to form diamonds (not triangles).
- Fold diamond in half along horizontal lines, and press with iron.
- Insert cord inside fold to hang triangles.
- Sandwich a sheet of fusible web between the unprinted sides of fabric facing each other
- Iron according to fusible web instructions.
- Fray check edges.
Sew a Patriotic Dress
The sky blue gingham is patterned with a chicken scratch embroidery and applique design. You can embellish the the digital design by using the art as a pattern for your own needlework, or sew as is.
Dress Bodice Fabric
This pattern is designed to work as a dress bodice or cut into borders.
Cut extra fabric into horizontal borders for a waistband and back tie bow. Or even a matching baby headband.
Dress Hem Border
The skirt hem border is railroaded so you can order continuous multiple yardage when sewing a matching mother and daughter dress for the 4th of July.
The border has a smocked style grid to use as a guide for any personalized embroidery or lettering you wish to add.
You don’t need to sew to have Amborela’s coordinating party décor for Independence Day. Mix and match your favorite designs on napkins, tea towels, tablecloths and more at Spoonflower.
Get the free Spoonflower pet bandana pattern to sew a set of Amborela’s holiday themed bandanas.
Choose 6-9 designs depending on size of dog from the curated holiday collection. The fill-a-project 1 yard cheater quilt template lets you choose a different holiday fabric for each bandana.
- small -medium dogs: 2 squares wide x 2 squares tall
- large dogs: 2 squares wide x 3 squares tall.